ANIME CONTEST ALERT: Enter the Sun-Earth Days 'SolarMAX ANIME' Contest! Create it, Submit it and Tag it!

ANIME CONTEST ALERT: Enter the Sun-Earth Days 'SolarMAX ANIME' Contest! Create it, Submit it and Tag it!

Iwanttobelieve76
Administrator

SolarMAX!

"Hi! I'm SolarMAX, the official mascot for SUN-EARTH DAYS! Born on the Sun, I have the ability to control magnetic fields and provide additional light when flying through the darkness of space. My main job is to keep a close eye on space weather! Did you know that abrupt changes on the Sun can create flares and coronal mass ejections that blast brief but powerful 'solar storms' into space. These storms can cause surges and errors in power lines and electrical transformers, burning up power systems and causing blackouts. They can also create disturbances that cause distorted radio and satellite signals. This can create navigational problems for planes, and ships!"

"I'm searching for other superheros who are willing to join forces with me in a quest to protect mankind from the powerful effects of space weather! "

Contest Description:

SolarMAX is the official superhero mascot for Sun-Earth Days! Keeping an eye on space weather is quite a large job for one super hero so he needs your help. Your job is to create and submit a new and original anime style character with a visible space weather related super power. Our job is to help SolarMAX by selecting the top 5 submissions to be added to the Sun-Earth Days Superhero team!

ReadMore:
http://sunearthday.nasa.gov/2013/solarmax/contest.php